Once you have connected your Vimeo account and your Vimeo OTT Site, with a Vimeo account enabled with live streaming you can also broadcast your live events directly to your Vimeo OTT audience. You’ll be able to monetize your live events to Subscribers, one-time purchases (also known as Pay Per View), or both.
Note: To stream live events, you will need a Premium, Advanced, or Enterprise account on Vimeo.com.
After connecting to Vimeo, you’ll see a prompt to create your first live event from Vimeo. If you already have events on Vimeo but don’t see anything listed on your Vimeo OTT site, this is expected. You will select each event you want to send to OTT, so you can be selective about what your OTT audience sees.
To get started, first create or connect your Vimeo OTT site.
1. Choose the Create live event option in the top left and you’ll be redirected to your Vimeo account to create a new live event. Give the event a title, and a broadcast date, and configure your schedule to begin.
2. Navigate to the Destinations tab of your live event settings page.
3. Once connected, you will see “Vimeo OTT” listed under your Simulcast destinations for all of your Live events. Click Add to see a list of your connected Vimeo OTT Sites.
4. Choose the sites you’d like to broadcast your event to and click Save.
You’ll see those sites listed as Simulcast destinations:
5. Click the options [•••] menu next to each OTT site to access the Settings to manage your event on your OTT Site.
6. Select the "Settings" option to be taken to your event on your Vimeo OTT site where you can manage the additional settings that are necessary for your audience to view the event.
To start broadcasting, you can return to your event on Vimeo anytime by clicking the Event setup button on your Vimeo OTT Site.
Once you start broadcasting on Vimeo, your Vimeo OTT audience will also begin to receive your transmission.
When your stream ends, the broadcast will be automatically archived on your Vimeo OTT Site as a previous broadcast. You may configure that video separately to be available to your Vimeo OTT audience.