Once your video is uploaded and transcoded, you can edit its settings by navigating to Content > Videos, then selecting the video.
💡Tip: You may specify default settings for your new videos within your Site Settings. Learn more about setting Site Defaults.
The navigation will be on the left side, starting with the General menu. In this menu you’ll find the following:
- Preview - You can view your uploaded video by clicking the play button on the video.
- Title - What is this video called? Title it!
- Description - Describe the video for your customers. There are two descriptions, the short description and the full description. The short description is visible only when the video shows up in the featured carousel; the full description is the description that shows up when you hover over the thumbnail or when you click on the video itself.
⚠️Note: You can paste URLs to other websites in the video's full description, which your viewers can then click on to navigate to that site.
- Primary Thumbnail - You can replace the Thumbnail image for the video. We auto-generate one for you when you transcode the video as well.
- Additional thumbnails - While we automatically generate different resolutions out of your primary thumbnail, you can also upload custom thumbnails for different uses.
- Replace Upload - Need to replace the video file? Click the Replace Upload button to re-upload.
⚠️Note: Current video viewing will not be interrupted during the upload process.
Next is the Distribution menu, which allows you to configure how your video is distributed and discovered with the following options:
- Subscription Plans - If you are selling subscriptions, you can control if you want this video to be available for free or only accessible to paying subscribers here.
- Collections - If you have multiple collections, you can choose which ones your video appears in by clicking the + icon to the right. Be sure to choose the primary collection in the video's General settings.
- Categories - Curate your content into categories such as trailers, full episodes, etc.
- Buy and Rent products - Add this video or event to any of your TVOD products.
- Regions - Want to control who can see your video by country? Set that here.
- Schedule release & Schedule expiration - You can publish your video immediately or set a date and time for it to be available.
- Subtitles and captions - Upload subtitle files (SRT or VTT) for your international audience.
- Custom URL - By default, the custom URL for this video will come from the video’s title, but you can give it a different URL slug here if you wish.
- Enable comments - Customers can leave comments on your videos by default, but you can disable those here.
- Screeners - Need to send a secure video screener of this video to someone? Just click the button to quickly do so! Here's more info: Sending Screeners.
- Download - You can download your video in various resolutions here.
- Note: If your master (untranscoded) file is larger than 20GB, you won't be able to download it here.
Discovery is the third menu which allows you to make it easier for viewers to find your content via search or other parameters. Learn more here.
Finally, Stats is where you can track specific data about your video. Learn more here.