In these unprecedented times, we know you may have to pivot and make some changes to your service to help support your customers who are staying home. We've put together some best practices around the common changes to help you and your customers have as smooth an experience as possible.
- Remember that promos can only be applied to monthly subscriptions on the web checkout. Marketing around promos should make this as clear as possible because when someone signs up on the apps or on an annual subscription, they won't see the option to enter the promo code.
Creating a collection to give free access
- If you're going to be creating a collection that offers content in front of the paywall, it's important you're very clear about how to find it. Specific links to the collection on the web and steps to finding it in the apps are best.
- It can also be helpful to include the words "free classes" or whatever is appropriate for the collection to help people find it.
- Adding it to the featured carousel is also a helpful way for helping your customers find this free content.
- If you are offering free classes or content for customers who normally use your service in person, it's good to specify that they don't need to create an account on the OTT app to access the free content. That way, they won't keep trying to reset a password for an account they don't have.
Updating your free trial period
- If you update the period of your free trial, make sure you contact Support so that your apps can be updated with the new free trial period. Otherwise, customers will sign up on the app and not receive the free trial period they were expecting.
Providing Live videos
- As soon as you become aware of an issue with your live stream, it's important to notify your viewers as soon as you can to let them know you're aware and are working on resolving it. Notifications can be sent through the relevant Collection settings in the CMS.
- It's also helpful to mention in the video description if it will be available for VOD after the live stream ends
Please contact us if you're planning to make any changes to your service. We'd love to help you make them as smooth and successful as possible.