If you want to be able to push your viewers on your OTT site to another website such as your homepage, one way to do this is the put the URL of that page in your video's full description, which will turn the URL into a hyperlink that viewers can click on.
⚠️Note: If you have branded apps, links that bring customers to different online stores can be grounds for rejection from different app stores.
- From your OTT admin, navigate to Content > Videos, and select the video you want to edit.
- In the General settings, paste the URL into the Full description. (URLs do not become hyperlinks in the Short description.)
- When you save your video's settings, you will see that the URL is now a hyperlink when you navigate to the video's page on your site. This will also work on your branded apps.
If you want to create a hyperlink with words, you can do so by typing in this basic HTML snippet into the full description field:
<a href="https://link.com">Text of the link here</a>
- Replace "link.com" with your desired URL.
- Replace "Text of the link here" with your desired linked text.
Hyperlinks with words will work on the web but unfortunately are not supported on branded apps.