You can bulk edit various components and metadata for multiple videos at once from the video manager (Content > Videos). Select the checkbox to the left of each video you want to edit.
💡Tip: You may specify default settings for your new videos within your Site Settings. Learn more about setting Site Defaults.
In the upper right corner, various action items will appear. Select the Edit drop-down menu to see all the possible components you can bulk-change on your selected videos.
A modal of the selected metadata key will appear. In most cases, you can decide on your Edit type, meaning you can add metadata to all selected videos, delete metadata from all selected videos, or replace all existing metadata with the newly selected metadata.
Once it’s configured, apply the setting. You’ll see a notification letting you know that the changes will apply to all of the selected videos. Select the checkbox that says “I understand,” then click Save.
Each available type of metadata that you can bulk-edit for your videos is detailed below.
- Media type: Are these movies, episodes in a series, live events, or something else? Keep in mind: not all media types use the same metadata.
- Primary collection: Choose where these videos mainly belong.
- Plans: Determine who can access these videos (anyone or subscribers only)
- Collections: Add to multiple collections, remove from multiple collections, or replace which collections in which these videos are available in. This can apply to existing collections or you can create new collections here.
- Categories: Add to multiple categories, remove from multiple categories, or replace which categories in which these videos are available. This can apply to existing categories or you can create new categories here.
- Note: Collections and Categories can also be bulk-edited by selecting the Add to collection and Add to category options in the upper right corner, respectively.
- Regions: Configure geoblocking settings for the selected videos.
- Publish: Set a publish date and an expiration date as desired.
- Comments: Enable or disable comments for the selected videos.
- Tags: Add, remove, or replace tags on the selected videos.
- Genres: Set the genre(s) of your videos.
- Cast & Crew: Add/remove/replace credits for actors and the characters they played, and for the crew who worked on your video.
- Release date: Set the release date of your videos.
- Rating & advisory: Let your audience know what maturity level and type of content they may see in the selected videos. You can also set different ratings and advisories for different regions.
- License: Choose whether these videos are Original Content or Licensed Content.
- Media ID: Add a media ID for all of these videos.
- Advanced: You can add your own image metadata or custom metadata for the selected videos.