IN THIS ARTICLE:
- How do I upload videos to Vimeo OTT?
- What's the transcoding process like after the video is uploaded?
- How do I edit video settings, preview it, set access, & view stats?
Uploading video content to Vimeo OTT is simple! You’ll see the Videos tab under Content at the top of your Admin. All of your video content gets uploaded here.
Our pricing depends on how many hours of video you upload to Vimeo OTT. The breakdown looks like this:
- Uploading < 1 hour = FREE
- Uploading < 10 hours = $99
- Uploading < 25 hours = $149
- Uploading < 50 hours = $199
These hours are pay-as-you-go and never expire, so any additional purchases are added to the hours of video you’ve already paid for. More information here.
- Before uploading, please compress your video content to our recommended compression settings.
- From your Vimeo OTT Admin page, navigate to Content > Videos.
- Click the Upload Videos button on the Videos page.
- You will be taken to the Upload page, where you can drag and drop videos from your computer to upload or select your preferred method of uploading:
- Computer - Select and upload the file from your computer. This uploader is resumable, meaning you can leave the page, come back to it later and continue the process later.
- Dropbox - Connect your Dropbox Pro account, and seamlessly grab the files from there.
You can batch upload multiple videos at once by dragging & dropping the batch into the uploader.
- Once the file is selected or dragged into the window, it will begin uploading. You can track its progress on the Videos page.
- Once the video is uploaded, it will begin the transcoding process. You can also track that progress on the Videos page.
- You will be emailed when the video is finished processing and can then add it to a Subscription Collection or a Purchase/Rental Product.
WHAT IS THE TRANSCODING PROCESS?
Once your film is uploaded, we transcode it to the proper sizes and formats for streaming and downloading (depending on your master file):
|1080p MP4 download||Source file must have a resolution of at least 1920x1080|
|720p MP4 download||Source file must have a resolution of at least 1280x720|
|540p MP4 download||Always created|
|360p MP4 download||Always created|
|Adaptive streaming file||Always created|
Deleting videos does NOT grant you more upload hours. Also, if you replace a video, it does take away from the overall hours' allotment, since it begins transcoding immediately. We recommend that you make sure you have the final version ready to go before uploading. More information here.
HOW DO I EDIT VIDEO SETTINGS, PREVIEW THE VIDEO, SET ACCESS, & VIEW STATS?
Once your video is uploaded and transcoded, you can edit the following settings by clicking the video on the Videos page. An edit window will slide out from the right of the page with these tabs:
- BASICS - In this tab, you can edit the basic settings of the video.
- PREVIEW - You can view your uploaded video by clicking the play button on the video up top.
- REPLACE UPLOAD - Need to replace the video file? Click the Replace Upload button to re-upload! Note: Current video viewing will not be interrupted during the upload process.
- TITLE - Give your video a name.
- DESCRIPTION - Describe the video for your customers. There are two descriptions, the short description and the full description. The short description is visible only when the video shows up in the featured carousel; the full description is the description that shows up when you hover over the thumbnail or when you click on the video itself.
- THUMBNAIL - You can replace the Thumbnail image for the video. We auto-generate one for you when we transcode it as well.
- DETAILS - Control the more granular aspects of the video here.
- COMMENTS - If you've enabled commenting in your Website Settings, you can adjust commenting on an individual video here.
- SUBTITLES - Upload subtitle files (SRT or VTT) for your international audience.
- SCREENERS - Need to send a secure, time-limited screener of this video to someone? Click this button to do so. Here's more info: Sending Screeners.
- DOWNLOAD - You can download the downloadable versions of the video files here.
- ACCESS - Control the availability and who can access the video.
- GEOBLOCKING - Want to control who can see your video by country? Set that here.
- ACCESS (Subscription products only) - If you are selling subscriptions, you can control if you want this video to be available for free or only accessible to paying subscribers here.
- STATS - In this tab, you can view video statistics like: Playback, Platforms, Geography, & Subtitles.