IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What are Extras?
- What kind of files can I upload and sell as Extras?
- How do I upload Extras?
- How do I add Extras to a Subscription Collection?
- How do I add Extras to my branded apps?
- How do I add Extras to a purchase/rental product?
What are Extras?
Sometimes you may want to provide other content along with your video, like a soundtrack, eBook, or something else. (Read more about the benefits of offering bonus content.) When you add extras to your Vimeo OTT product, the bonus materials will be made viewable on the same page as the video or collection your videos are in.
What kind of files can I upload and sell as Extras?
These are the types of files you can upload to sell with your video on Vimeo OTT:
- zip - You can basically put any type of file inside of a Zip folder, so if we don't accept the file you want to upload, put it in a zip folder first, then upload it.
How do I upload Extras?
- Navigate to the Content tab of your Vimeo OTT Admin and select Extras.
- Click Upload and drag & drop your file(s) from your computer right into the page. Alternatively, you can select Choose files to select the file(s) from your computer.
- The file will upload to Vimeo OTT and you will see a progress bar of the process.
- Once uploaded, you can click any Extra and edit its title and description as well as upload a custom thumbnail as well as additional thumbnails for different uses and devices. You can also scroll down to find the options to replace the file or delete it.
How do I add Extras to a Subscription Collection?
- To add an Extra to a Collection, navigate to the Extras page (Content > Extras) and click the Extra you want to add to a collection.
- On the left side, navigate to Distribution. Click the (+) icon to the right of the Additional collections field.
- In the window that opens up, you can either create a new collection or select among My collections, which are your pre-existing collections. Select the checkbox to the left of each collection to choose that collection (Note: you can use the search bar at the top of the window to quickly locate and select a collection if you have many).
- Click Add and close out of the window. This will add the Extra file to the selected collections.
Your extras will appear alongside the other videos in your collection, which customers can then download.
⚠️Note: Extras can only be added to collections, not categories.
⚠️Note: Extras are only viewable by subscribers, even if they are added to a free collection.
How do I add Extras to my branded apps?
- Follow the steps above to add Extras to Collections.
- Once you have done this, Extras will be available in your iOS or Android branded apps for your SVOD product, powered by Vimeo OTT.
⚠️Note: Extras are currently not supported for TVOD products on any apps (mobile and TV). Additionally, Extras for SVOD products currently cannot be accessed on TV apps.
How do I add Extras to a Purchase/Rental Product?
- Navigate to the Products page and select the desired purchase/rental product.
- Click the Extras (optional) tab.
- Click + Add Files.
- Add the Extras to the product by clicking the checkbox next to each item, then click Add.
- Click Save on the collection to add the Extras to it.
- The Extras will then appear on the Checkout, Browse, & Video pages.