IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What are Extras?
- What kind of files can I upload and sell as Extras?
- How do I upload Extras?
- How do I add Extras to a purchase/rental Product?
- How do I add Extras to a subscription Collection?
What are Extras?
Sometimes you may want to provide other files along with your video, like a soundtrack, eBook, or something else. ( Read more about why offering bonus content is so awesome.) Adding extras is easy on Vimeo OTT! The bonus downloads will be made available on the same page as the video. Example here:
What kind of files can I upload and sell as Extras?
These are the types of files you can upload to sell with your video on Vimeo OTT:
- zip - You can basically put ANY type of file inside of a Zip folder, so if we don't accept the file you want to upload, put it in a zip folder first, then upload it!
How do I upload Extras?
- Head to the Content tab of your Vimeo OTT Admin and click Extras.
- Drag & drop your digital file from your computer right into the page, or click Browse from computer to select the file from your computer.
- The file will upload to Vimeo OTT and you will see a progress bar of the process.
- Once uploaded, you can click any Extra and edit its Title & Description. These get displayed to the customers on the checkout pages.
- Read below on how to add them to a purchase/rental Product or a subscription Collection.
How do I add Extras to a Purchase/Rental Product?
- Navigate to the purchase/rental product you wish to add the extras to on the Products page.
- Click into the desired product to edit it.
- Click the Extras tab.
- Click the button.
- Add the Extras to the product by clicking the checkbox next to each item.
- Click Save on the collection to add the Extras to it!
- The Extras will then appear on the Checkout, Browse, & Video pages.
How do I add Extras to a Subscription Collection?
- Adding Extras to a Collection takes place on the Extras page.
- Check the Extra(s) you want to add to a Collection by clicking their checkbox.
- Click the Add to Collection button in the green banner that appears up top.
- Select either New collection or Existing collection.
- If you chose Existing collection, then select the one you want to add to and click Confirm.
- That's it!