You can add members of your team to your Vimeo OTT site with permissions including managing features, curating content, or reviewing the dashboard.
In this article, learn about:
Roles and permissions
There are multiple roles you can grant, each with a different level of access:
- Admin - Admins have full view/edit access to the Admin Dashboard and to your Vimeo OTT Site. Admins can add new team members and access financial information. Admins have the same level of access as Owners.
- Member - Members have limited access to the Admin Dashboard. Members can edit content, promotions, and customer data. They have access to site analytics. They do not have access to banking and payout information. Members cannot add/modify new Admins or Team Members.
- Contributor - Can only access the Content portion of the Admin Dashboard (Videos, Extras, Live Events, Collections, and Categories). This role is intended to help manage the curation of content.
- Contributors are unable to see any other portion of the Admin Dashboard, including banking/payout information.
- Contributors can create Live Events but they will not see streaming information or be allowed to send Notifications to your customers.
Add a new Admin/team member
Only the Owner and Admins of a Vimeo OTT site are able to add new team members and their access permissions.
- Access the Admin dashboard and navigate to Manage > Team.
- Click Invite + on the right side of the page. Type in the email address of the desired team member, select their role, and click Add to send them an email invite.
Change a team member's role
- To change an existing team member's role, click on the drop-down menu on the right side of their listing on the team management page.
- Contributor: Change the selected team member to the Contributor role.
- Member: Change the selected team member to the Member role.
- Admin: Change the selected team member to the Admin role
- Set as Owner: Transfer ownership of your account from you to the selected team member.
⚠️ Note: Each account can only have one owner so only do this if you no longer wish to own your site (e.g. you leave the organization hosting the site).
- Remove from team: The team member will be removed and can no longer edit your site or see your status.