Since streaming a video with 5.1 audio in it via the web is not currently possible on Vimeo OTT, you can only provide downloads of videos with 5.1 to your customers as an Extra inside of the Product. This is a different process from uploading a regular video to Vimeo OTT.
- Compress your 5.1 video file to have the audio edited and mixed correctly for 5.1. We recommend these specs:
Video codec: H.264 Video bitrate: 8,000 kbps – 13,000 kbps Frame rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, & 60 FPS Container: MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, etc. Audio codec: AAC (No PCM for 5.1 surround) Audio bitrate: 320 kbps Sample rate: We accept most sample rates, but common ones for video are 44.1kHz & 48 kHz. Audio channels: C, L, R, Ls, Rs, LFe (This may seem like a strange arrangement, but it works well for video).
- Put your completed compressed video file into a zip folder.
- Head to the Extras page of your Vimeo OTT site Admin (Content > Content > Extras) and click Upload Extras.
- Drag and drop the zip file to upload it (or click Browse from computer).
- Once the upload is complete, head to the Product tab and select the desired product to edit it. Click the Extras tab.
- Click + Add files then select the checkbox next to the 5.1 zip file to add it to the Product. Click Add, then click Save.
You are now including the 5.1 video file with your Product.