You can use the Vimeo OTT Dashboard to manage your sales. However, to monitor traffic, you might want to set up Google Analytics. You can connect your Google Analytics ID on the Settings page. Navigate to Settings > Site > Tracking to add your Google Analytics ID.
Note: In your Google Analytics admin, be sure to find the Ecommerce settings and enable Ecommerce to ensure your tracking ID works for your OTT site properly.
Once connected, Vimeo OTT will automatically send traffic information to your associated Google Analytics account.
Some smart things to track with Google Analytics:
- Traffic & Sale Conversions: Dig even deeper into these stats. Pay attention to the top referrals and conversions to see how people are getting to your site, and when they’re buying. So if people are talking about your movie on Facebook or Twitter, you’ll be able to see that traffic, plus track if they actually made a purchase.
- Campaign Tracking: Track specific clicks and conversions by creating unique campaign URLs. Example: You’re running a flash sale. Make a special URL for that campaign so you can see how many times the sale links were clicked, on what platforms, and who bought it.
- Demographics: Look at the age, gender, and geographic location of your audience to target your selling.
- Real-Time Tracking: Watch visitors enter your site in real-time — great for judging the impact of launch events and large-scale promotions.
- Search Data: Understand the most common search terms within your site to see what content customers are looking for and how this changes over time based on how your content evolves.