You can use the Vimeo OTT Dashboard to manage your sales. However, to monitor traffic, you might want to set up Google Analytics. You can connect your Google Analytics ID on the Settings page. Navigate to Settings > Site > Tracking to add your Google Analytics ID.
Note: In your Google Analytics admin, be sure to find the Ecommerce settings and enable Ecommerce to ensure your tracking ID works for your OTT site properly.
Once connected, Vimeo OTT will automatically send traffic information to your associated Google Analytics account.
Some smart things to track with Google Analytics:
- Traffic & Sale Conversions: Dig even deeper into these stats. Pay attention to the top referrals and conversions to see how people are getting to your site, and when they’re buying. So if people are talking about your movie on Facebook or Twitter, you’ll be able to see that traffic, plus track if they actually made a purchase.
- Campaign Tracking: Track specific clicks and conversions by creating unique campaign URLs. Example: You’re running a flash sale. Make a special URL for that campaign so you can see how many times the sale links were clicked, on what platforms, and who bought it.
- Demographics: Look at the age, gender, and geographic location of your audience to target your selling.
- Real-Time Tracking: Watch visitors enter your site in real-time — great for judging the impact of launch events and large-scale promotions.
- Search Data: Understand the most common search terms within your site to see what content customers are looking for and how this changes over time based on how your content evolves.
Events tracked in Google Analytics
Below is a reference table for the types of events we send to Google Analytics from the web platform. These do not apply to branded apps.
|addwatchlist||A user adds a video or collection to their watchlist.|
|authentication||A user has successfully signed in to the application.|
|conversion||A user's SVOD purchase has been confirmed by the payment processor and they can now access their content.|
|devices_download_amazon_fire||A user clicks the "Amazon Fire" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_android||A user clicks the "Android" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_androidtv||A user clicks the "Android TV" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_appletv||A user clicks the "Apple TV" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_ios||A user clicks the "iOS" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_roku||A user clicks the "Roku" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_tizen||A user clicks the "Tizen" link on the Video details page.|
|devices_download_xbox||A user clicks the "Xbox" link on the Video details page.|
|extraviewed||A user has initiated the view of an Extras content item.|
|forum_create_post||A user creates a new post in the forum.|
|forum_create_thread||A user creates a new thread in the forum.|
|purchasecompleted||A user's TVOD purchase has been confirmed by the payment processor and they can now access their content.|
|purchaseselected||A user has selected "Buy or Rent" on the TVOD product page.|
|purchasestarted||A user has started the purchase process by clicking the submit button on the "Checkout" form.|
|register||A new AVOD user account has been successfully created.|
|removewatchlist||A user removes a video or collection from their watchlist.|
|sale_conversion-gift||A user successfully purchases a gift.|
|sale_error||An error occurred on the Payment form on the Checkout page.|
|sale_start_watching||A user clicks "Start Watching" on the Checkout Receipt page.|
|search||A user executes a search.|
|searchitemselected||A user selects a search result.|
|settings_save_card||A user saves their credit card information in the app settings on the web.|
|settings_save_notifications||A user saves their email notification preferences in the app settings.|
|settings_save_profile||A user saves a change to their profile in the app settings.|
|signin||A user has selected "Log in" or "Sign in".|
|signup||A user has selected "Sign Up", "Start free trial," or "Create free account."|
|signupstarted||A user has started to input their email and password on the "Checkout" page.|
|video_comment||A user has submitted a comment on a video.|
|view||A user sees a page of your website or a screen of your app.|