Here is an example of what your customers experience, from clicking the "Complete purchase" button all the way to watching your videos.
The checkout page
When you sign up to sell on Vimeo OTT, upload your videos, and create a product, a checkout page is created. Every product on Vimeo OTT has a specific checkout page, where customers pay for access to your content, purchase gifts for other people, and redeem coupon codes.
Previewing the content
The checkout page includes your product description and a Play Trailer button that allows customers to watch the trailer you uploaded on the product settings page.
There are three sales modes that a Product can be in:
- SUBSCRIBE - Users can subscribe to your SVOD product and can stream your content anytime. They will be charged per month or per year (whichever they choose at checkout).
⚠️Note: If you enabled free trials, they will be entered in the set trial period before they are charged.
- BUY - Once the content is purchased, the customer can stream and watch forever. They now own the content. They can log into Vimeo OTT to view or download it anytime.
- PRE-ORDER - If the product being sold is in pre-order mode, the customer will enter their credit card information, and will not be charged until the release of the content specified by the seller. Once the seller releases the content, the customer will receive an email and will be able to watch immediately.
- RENT - If you've enabled rentals on your product, this will be an option on the checkout page. Once the customer starts watching, they have a certain amount of hours to finish depending on the rental period you set for that video. On rentals, all downloads are disabled.
Buying with a credit card
- On the checkout form, the customer enters an email address and then confirms the email address. This is the email where the receipt and watch links will be sent.
- If rentals are enabled, the customer will need to select if they are buying or renting and then click the Buy or Rent button. If it's a subscription product, they will choose between your plan options (monthly or annual, depend on what the product offers).
- The customer enters credit card details: name on card, number, CVC code, expiration date, country, and postal code.
- The payment will then process and when it completes, the receipt will load. The customer can then click the Login Now link on the receipt to finish creating their Vimeo OTT account.
- They have also received a receipt email from Vimeo OTT with a link to start watching.
Another feature of the checkout page is the gifting tool. If gifting is selected, the customer can enter a number of email addresses to gift the content to. They can also supply a short message to the recipient of the gift.
Once payment is complete, the recipient will receive an email to redeem the gift and can start watching.
⚠️Note: If the gift is a preorder, the recipient will not be able to view the content until it's released.
Redeeming Promo Codes
The checkout page also has a Promo code checkbox for entering promo coupon codes they may have received from the seller. These codes can be a certain percentage discount or can make the content totally free.
The site experience
Once the purchase is complete, customers can access your content. They can navigate to the site's Browse page where they can see your featured carousel at the top of the page and find all your categories and collections.
Customers can also select Search at the top of your site to quickly find what they are looking for.
Opening a Movie or Series collection will bring them to the collection's page with all the videos contained in it. Additionally for Series, users can sort which videos they see using the Season drop-down menu.
Once the customer clicks through to the watch page from the receipt, the video or live event will auto-play on the page.
Our video player uses adaptive streaming, meaning the load times are short, and the quality of the video will increase with internet speed. If the product purchased has more than one video in it, the other videos are listed lower down the page to be played.
If the content purchased has downloads enabled on the videos, there will be a download button within the player to download the different resolutions of the video to a computer to keep for later viewing.
Note: Rentals or Subscriptions do NOT have downloads enabled, and the viewer can only stream the content within the rental timeframe.
If the video has subtitles uploaded, the customer can select their language of choice from the CC dropdown. The subtitles will play along with the video right within the player. They can also be downloaded as an SRT file from the downloads dropdown below the player.
Every video's watch page can have comments enabled to grow community engagement around the content. Anyone who has purchased can see all the comments and comment themselves if they're enabled. The seller will be notified of each comment left on the videos. As a seller, it's in your best interest to engage with the community in the comments section.
Every video on Vimeo OTT has a share button built into the player. This means the viewer can click on the icons for the below services to share what they are watching.
- Facebook - Sharing on Facebook creates a pre-filled share for the customer to post on their wall, displaying what they are watching on Vimeo OTT with a link to the content's homepage.
- Twitter - Sharing on Twitter creates a pre-filled tweet for the customer to send, displaying what they are watching on Vimeo OTT with a link to the content's homepage and an auto-loaded trailer of the content.
- Embed code - This copies the embed code of the content's trailer with a buy button that the customer can post on their own website to promote the work and drive sales.
Once customers have purchased any content on Vimeo OTT, they will now have a Vimeo OTT library that contains all of their purchased content. They can log in to it and access their content at any time at http://vhx.tv/library.
Ways to Watch Vimeo OTT
- Browser - The Vimeo OTT watch experience will work on most modern internet browsers on a computer. Customers can go to their library at http://vhx.tv/library to watch their purchased content.
- Branded Apps - Our team can build branded apps for your customers on iOS, tvOS, Android, Android TV, XBox, and more. Learn more.
If you enabled and supplied translations for your site, customers can scroll to the very bottom of any page on the site and find a Language dropdown menu in the lower right corner. The languages you enabled will be listed and customers can select their desired language to be translated.
The translations will persist as they navigate between pages on your site. They can always go back to this menu and revert back to English (or choose another language) as they wish.