There are two ways your customers can log into your site:
- Using an email address and password combination
- Receiving a login link to their email
In this article:
- What is the login process like?
- What is the reset password process like?
- What if my site doesn't require passwords?
- What about passwords in apps?
What is the login process like?
- An existing customer lands on the login page from your homepage or Browse Content page:
- They enter their account email address and select Next
- They are taken to the page to enter their password.
- If they enter their correct password, they'll be taken to browse to watch your content.
What is the reset password process like?
Here's a breakdown:
- If they have forgotten their password and are logged out, they should visit the login page of your site.
- Enter their account email address and click Next.
- Then under the password field, click Reset your password.
- On the next page, they will confirm their email address and select Reset password.
- If there is an active account under that address, we will email it a link to reset the password. If there is no account, no email will be sent. Sometimes a user has forgotten the email associated with their account and will need to try logging in with a different email.
What if my site doesn't require passwords?
If your site doesn't require passwords, users will be prompted to check their emails for a sign-in link after entering their email address in the log-in flow.
Passwords in branded apps
- Is password support going to be enabled for my branded apps?
Password support is live for all apps except for Xbox.
- Once password functionality is enabled on the apps, does that replace the activation process?
TV branded apps (Roku, Apple TV, AndroidTV, & Amazon Fire TV) do not require a password to sign in; users can continue to activate their devices through the standard pairing process.
- Will subscribers who have subscribed through their Roku, Google, Apple, and Amazon accounts be able to log in using a password?
Yes, they will also see the password creation button when they log in and can set a password as well.