In this Article:
- Where can I find customer insights?
- What actions can I take on my customers?
- How do I filter, view, & export customers?
Where can I find customer insights?
You can get insight into different segments of customers and take action accordingly. The Vimeo OTT Customers page shows details about the people who are engaging with you, whether you're selling a subscription, transactional products, or both.
To access the Customers page from your admin, navigate to Activity > Customers.
You will see a list of your customers which includes which product they purchased, their billing cycle and source (e.g. Web), and their current status sorted by date. On this page, you can create customer filters, add a customer, export a CSV of customer transactions, and search for a specific customer and take certain actions on their account. You can also give free access to your product using Add customer.
When you click on a customer's profile/account on this page, a new page opens with basic information about your customer such as the date they first signed up, their last payment, their next payment, the last time they logged in and the primary platform they use to watch your content.
Further below is the Customer's billing history, which you can also access in full by selecting the Billing history tab on the left side of the page. This will tell you their payment cycle, currency, where their transaction occurs (Web, Apple, Google, etc.), and their status (Free trial, Renewed, etc.)
What actions can I take on my customers?
When you select a customer and navigate to their page, select the Support tab on the left side. This will present the following actions you can take on their account:
- Contact customer - This action will open your mail client of choice with a new email open to this customer.
- Reset password - This will send the password reset email to your customer, allowing them to reset their password. Note that this does not give you the ability to change their password.
- Send login email - This action allows you to resend the login/watch email to the customer for access.
- Request access data - Your customers have the right to request access to known data about their account. Clicking this action will open this article with instructions on how to handle these requests.
- Pause subscription - Clicking this will show a modal asking you to set the duration and to confirm that you want to pause that customer’s subscription.
- Cancel subscription - And lastly, you can cancel any subscriber who is paying via the Vimeo OTT payment system.
- Important Note: Any customer who has subscribed via branded apps (iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon) cannot be canceled this way, as they must cancel themselves within the app stores system.
How do I filter, view, or export customers?
In the Vimeo OTT Admin, click on the Activity dropdown menu and select Customers. By default, you will see All activity sorted by most recent. Click + New filter on the left side of the page.
The following modal will open.
Every filter must have a title and at least one value selected in order to be saved.
You can choose a Date range for your filter. Note that the date range will apply for each time you check the filter. For example, if you choose “Past week,” it will always represent the previous 7 days from the time at which you are looking at this filter, not from the time you create it. This is true for all date options except Custom date range which will be locked to that date range you enter.
You can additionally filter by Platform, which is most useful if you have branded apps with your OTT site. This will filter based on where customers originated from (e.g. where they signed up).
You can filter customers based on the following:
- Subscribed - These are all of your subscription product customers.
- Free trial - Those subscribers still in the free trial session of your subscription (3, 7, 14, or 30 days depending on your setting.)
- Shorter than one month - Those customers who are actively paying and not in the free trial for less than one month
- Longer than one month - Those who have been subscribed for at least 1 month.
- Added by an admin - Those customers who you or a team member added to your product.
- Paused - These are subscribers who have chosen to pause their subscription for 1, 2, or 3 months. They have this option on the purchases settings page.
- Unsubscribed - All of those who once were subscribers but are no longer paying for the below reasons.
- Canceled - This customer has chosen to fully cancel their subscription.
- Charge failed - This customer's card could not be charged after 2 automatic attempts made by Vimeo OTT. The customer is alerted when their card could not be charged so they can update it before we retry charging.
- Access to product - Search and choose among any of your products (subscription or transactional) and narrow it down by how they access your product.
- If it’s a subscription product, you can choose among Monthly, Annual, Gifted, Promo, and Added by an admin
- If it’s a transactional product, you can choose among Purchased, Rented, Gifted, Free, Coupon, Promo, Added by an admin
- Have not purchased - These are all those people who are signed up for your mailing list, but haven't purchased anything yet.
When you save filters, they will be listed on the left side of your Customers page. Select the filter you wish to view and the list will switch to display the customers that fit those parameters
If you want a local copy of a list of all customers, a list of transactions, or the selected filter list, click Email CSV.
The Status column in the CSV will have this information about your customers:
- Free trial - User in a free trial
- Canceled - User canceled on their end.
- Disabled - Was refunded or disputed the charge with their card company and access disabled
- Expired - Users card expired or could not be charged and the account was shut down
- Enabled - Active paying user
The Marketing Opt-in Status column of the CSV will contain information about whether this customer has opted into marketing communications from you or not (`true` for customers who have opted in and `false` for customers who have opted out. For more information, please see the Marketing Opt-in Status help guide.