This article discusses how to sell pre-orders of your purchase products.
In this article:
Create a pre-order product
You can create a pre-order for your uploaded videos on the products page. When you create a pre-order product, customers will not be charged immediately. They will instead see a $1 authorization hold that will drop off once the product has launched.
- When creating or editing your product, go to the Distribution tab.
- Choose the Pre-order option.
- Once selected, you will be shown the option to set a Release Date. If you know when your product will be released for sale, enter this date here.
⚠️Note: Pre-orders are NOT automatically released. When you wish to make your pre-order product available to your customers, you must manually release the product from pre-order.
- Configure the rest of your product settings as desired and save your product settings.
Release a pre-order product and charge the buyers
⚠️Note: Setting a release date will not automatically release your content on that date. This date is strictly to inform your audience of when your content is being released.
- On the date, you want to release your product, navigate to the Products tab and select the product you want to release.
- Go to the Distribution tab. Click Ready to sell, then click Save.
- An alert will let you know that this release will charge the credit cards of those who have pre-ordered and notify them of the release; you cannot undo this. Click Proceed to release your product.
You should expect to receive a payout for all pre-orders successfully charged, following the month of release.