Collections help you organize and curate your videos into groups and playlists to add to your subscription product. (TVOD or transactional products cannot be placed into collections.)
Note: Currently, collections are only used within subscriptions sold with Vimeo OTT. Create a collection of videos before you setup your subscription product.
Within your Vimeo OTT Admin, navigate to Content > Collections. Click + New Collection.
You can create three different types of collections:
- Movie - A Movie collection is ideal for a feature film with optional supporting content.
- Series - A Series collection is for a series where videos are episodes sorted into unique seasons.
- Playlist - A Playlist is a group of videos ordered for consecutive playback; this is the only type of collection that supports continuous playback.
The Basics tab will load where you can enter the following:
- Title - Add a name for the collection.
- Short Description - A short blurb that appears when the collection is in the Feature Carousel (more information below).
- Description - Add a paragraph description for the collection.
- Thumbnail - Upload an image that will represent this collection in customer emails, trailers, Facebook, Twitter, and your website.
Details - More granular control of your collection:
- Trailer - Set a trailer for the collection. (Note: you should make the trailer and upload it to the videos page first!)
- Categories - Add the collection to a category or multiple categories.
- Custom metadata - If you are using OTT API to collect data, add an API key to the pairs here. This can be applied to images or other values.
Access - Set who can see this collection.
- Availability - This acts as the ON/OFF switch for your collection. Checking this will make it available to your paid subscribers
- Geoblocking - Want your collection only available or blocked in certain countries? Set it here.
The fourth tab will vary slightly depending on which type of collection you are creating. If it's a Movie or a Playlist, you will see a Videos tab, which is where you will add your videos. Select Add Content, search for the video's title, and click the + button next to each video you want in the collection. When finished, click < Back.
Tip: If you have a video that may belong in more than one collection, you can add it to multiple collections in bulk.
You can sort the videos by dragging and dropping them in order. The checkboxes of availability allow you to set the video access - Available to the public (free to watch without paying), and Available to paying subscribers (default).
The top listed video is the Featured video and will appear like this on the public collection page:
If you're creating a Series collection, the last tab is the Seasons tab. This is where you create Seasons within the Series. Seasons can be thought of as mini collections within the larger Series collection.
Click Add Seasons to create a Season. Enter a Season name and click Save. The Season will now appear in a list.
Click into a Season to add a Name, a Season #, Short Description (for the features carousel only), Description, Thumbnail.
Note: When grouping episodes into seasons, each season should be unique, or else a user will be presented with a playback error. (i.e. season 1, 2, 3, etc.). There can't be more than one of the same season.
Under Details, you can add a Trailer.
Under Access, you can configure that season's availability such as whether it's only available to subscribers and if it should be geoblocked.
And finally, you can add videos (episodes) to the season within the series in the Episodes tab.
Select + Add Content, search for the videos you want to add to this season and click the plus icon next to each video.
When finished adding videos, click < Back to go back to the Episodes tab where you can drag and drop to arrange the order of your episodes.
When you have finished configured the season, click < Series to go back to the main collection panel. You can then add additional Seasons if you have more.
When you are done configuring your collection, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the panel.
You can then create more collections or create categories if you have a lot of collections you want to group together.