Collections help you organize and curate your videos into groups and playlists to add to your subscription product. (TVOD or transactional products cannot be placed into collections.)
⚠️Note: Currently, collections are only used within subscriptions sold with Vimeo OTT. Create a collection of videos before you setup your subscription product.
Within your Vimeo OTT Admin, navigate to Content > Collections. Click + New Collection.
You can create three different types of collections:
- Movie - A Movie collection is ideal for a feature film with optional supporting content.
- Playlist - A Playlist is used for any group of thematically similar videos that aren’t specifically a Movie or a Series.
- Series - A Series collection is for a series where videos are episodes sorted into unique seasons.
Once you insert a title and click “Add,” you’ll be in the General tab of your Collections, and you can enter the following:
- Title - Add a name for the collection.
- Short description - A short blurb that appears when the collection is in the Feature Carousel (more information below).
- Full description - Add a paragraph description for the collection.
- Thumbnail - Upload an image that will represent this collection in customer emails, trailers, Facebook, Twitter, and your website.
When you’re done with that, click on the Content tab and begin to add your trailer and videos. Choose from existing videos, or upload a new one. You can also add extras, which are other file types meant to be supplementary to your content (i.e., mp3s, PDFs, images, etc).
If you’ve selected “Series” as the type of collection, the Content tab is also where you’ll be able to create seasons.
Click Add Season to create a Season. Enter a Season name and click Save. The Season will now appear in a list.
Click into a Season’s Settings from the ellipsis (...) menu to add a Title, a Short Description (for the features carousel only), Full description, Season number, and Thumbnail.
Note: When grouping episodes into seasons, the name of each season should be unique, or else a user will be presented with a playback error. (i.e. season 1, 2, 3, etc.). There can't be more than one of the same season.
The next tab is Distribution, where you can control how your collection is distributed and who can see it. In this tab you can specify settings for:
- Visibility: Toggle “Published” or “Private.” Published means that your paid subscribers will be able to see it; Private means only you can.
- Regions: If you want to geoblock your film to make it available or unavailable in certain countries, you can do so here. The default option is “Worldwide,” but if you select “Choose countries,” you’ll need to specify which countries, and whether you’d like to limit your collection to only those countries, or if you’d like to prevent people in those countries from watching.
- Custom URL: Use this space to set a custom URL for your collection. Think something short, snappy, and linkable.
- Discovery: Here’s where you’d add more information about your collection to make it more discoverable for search results. You can add:
- Tags: Ad hoc hashtags that describe your content. These will be used to help your Customers discover your content.
- A Media ID: This is an internal identifier that can be leveraged for searching your own catalog or for generating reports with our API.
- Advanced metadata: These fields are only available when using our API and are not surfaced in the Customer experience or leveraged in Search.
- Image metadata: Attach custom images to your Collection that can be retrieved via the API.
- Custom metadata: Create arbitrary key/value pairs for your Collection that can be retrieved via the API.