To configure settings for your Vimeo OTT site, navigate to Settings > Site.
The left side of the page includes a navigation menu with various settings to the right.
The General tab will open by default. Here you can edit:
- Title: The name of your site. Your site title will appear at the top of the browser window when a visitor has your page open.
- Description: What your content is about. Note that this is metadata that would appear in search engine search results, not on your site's homepage; a description on the homepage would need to be added via the theme editor (Hero Promotion > Short Description).
- Site color:
- Subdomain: Change your site’s URL on Vimeo OTT, e.g. “http://purplefitness.vhx.tv”
- Custom domain: Set the URL you want to point to your Vimeo OTT site. E.g. "http://purplefitness.com" Learn more here.
- Facebook Page: Enter your Facebook page's URL to provide a link to your Facebook page on your site.
- Twitter Username: Provide a link to your Twitter profile on your site.
- Comments: By default, commenting on your videos are off sitewide. If you turn them on, you must agree to moderate comments.
- Forums: You can activate a place on your site for your community to talk with you and each other about your content or other relevant topics. Forums are off by default; if you choose to enable forums, you are responsible for moderation.
- Made for Kids: If your content is primarily targeting minors (e.g. children's shows), you must turn on Made for Kids.
- Browse Options: Toggle on rows for automatically created categories, namely Movies and Series collections. You can also choose to display each of your Playlists.
- Displayed information: When you use our discovery feature, you can choose which set of information is displayed to your audience on the video's detail pages (e.g. Genres, Crew, Tags). Click the (+) button to the right of the field to select the type of information to display.
This tab includes only one setting: the Choose theme button. Clicking this will bring you to the theme selector where you can select and customize the layout and appearance of your site.
The Tracking tab includes various options for tracking information and data about your site’s viewership and the effectiveness of advertising in driving sales to your site.
- Google Analytics ID: While we have a built-in dashboard, we also allow you to use Google Analytics to collect data about your site’s traffic. Learn more.
- Facebook Pixel ID and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Facebook, you can add the pixel ID here to track its effectiveness in Facebook’s ad analytics. Learn more
- Twitter Pixel ID and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Twitter, add its pixel here to track its effectiveness in Twitter’s ad analytics. Learn more.
- Google Adwords Pixel ID, Label, and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Google, add its pixel and label here to track its effectiveness in Google. Learn more.
Segment Key: You can integrate Segment with your OTT site to get user-level analytics and other data. Learn more.
Webhook URLs: You can notify external services when an event such as a purchase happens on your OTT site. Learn more.
Block Anonymous IP: Checking this option will prevent users from viewing geo-blocked content via VPN’s and proxies. Learn more.
Below the main navigation menu is where you can publish and unpublish your site. Publishing your site makes it available everywhere. Unpublishing your site makes it available to only you and your team members.
Delete site will permanently delete your site from Vimeo OTT.