IN THIS ARTICLE
- What are Screeners?
- What can you do with Screeners?
- Sending a Screener
- Watching a Screener
- Deleting a Screener
What are screeners?
Screeners let you send a free streaming-only copy of your movie to anyone you'd like to promote your film. Screeners are time-sensitive; you control the window of access.
You get 100 free Screeners every month to send out at no cost to you. After that, they cost you $1 for each additional sent.
What can you do with screeners?
Send a streaming copy of your work to those you want to see it (with a set expired time of up to 90 days). We recommend using Screeners to send to the following:
- Press/Bloggers - Before your movie goes on sale, send to any press or bloggers who might want to review your movie.
- Producers - Send rough cuts of your work to producers, so they can quickly view it without downloading.
- Friends - Get editing/music/color advice on your piece from your closest friends. Send them a copy of your rough cut.
You can enable Screeners to be shareable. This means that the recipient can share the watch link with others without restriction:
- Sharing OFF: Recipient will be blocked if accessed from more than 3 devices or 2 different locations per day.
- Sharing ON: Recipient may watch as many times as they want and share with other people.
Sending a screener
Screeners can be sent by following these steps:
- Head to the Screeners page, which is under Distribution > Promote in the Vimeo OTT Admin.
- Select Manage screeners, then click Send screener.
- Choose which video to send from the Video to send drop-down menu.
- Enter email addresses of the recipient(s); multiple emails can be separated by commas.
- Select the number of days the viewer should have access; you can select between 1 and 90 days.
- Include an optional personal message to the recipient.
- Set sharing to on or off.
- OFF: Recipient will be blocked if accessed from more than 3 devices or 2 different locations per day.
- ON: Recipient may watch as many times as they want and share with other people.
- Select Send Screener.
Watching a screener
Recipients will get an email with a special watch link; it will send them to a webpage that will stream your film and let them know when the link expires. Here's an example:
An expiration countdown begins as soon as the recipient clicks the watch link. After that, the screening can be accessed at any point throughout the viewing window.
Deleting a screener
To delete a Screener, click the drop-down arrow button on the Screener you wish to delete and Click Revoke access.
When you delete a Screener, it will remove access to view the Screener for the recipient. If they are on the Screening page, they will be able to finish the video.