International currencies are not supported on coupons, but are supported on promos.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What are Coupons?
- What can you do with Coupons?
- Creating a Coupon
- Editing a Coupon
- Disabling a Coupon
- Downloading (random) Coupon codes
- Redeeming a Coupon code
What are coupons?
Coupons let you offer discounts on transactional products (Purchase/Rental) and track how they're being used. Create codes for promotional partners, festivals, events, weekend specials and more. Coupon codes only apply to the USD price.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH COUPONS?
We recommend the following:
- Contests - Doing a contest for a giveaway on social media? Use coupons to give out the winnings.
- Weekend specials - Create a coupon for a weekend flash sale.
- Festivals - Going to Sundance or SXSW? Give out custom codes there for a discount off your movie. EG: "SXSW".
- DVD inserts - Include free unique coupons in your physical DVDs so customers can also download the file from your site.
- Fulfill crowdfunding backers - Did you have a successful campaign with backers you need to give a digital download to? We offer free coupons to fulfill your backers.
Creating a coupon
- Visit the Coupons page which is under the Distribution tab.
- Click the CREATE COUPON button.
- Name your Coupon (for your reference).
- Set the quantity of redemptions.
- Select the desired Product you would like the coupon to discount.
- Select if you want the redemption type to be for the rental or the purchase of the product. If you only have one of these configured for your product, that will be automatically selected.
- Set the discount type: Discounted or Free. If discounted, set the amount of the discount.
You get 100 FREE coupons per month to give out for FREE. After that, they cost you $1 per redemption.
- You can then select the type of code: (1) random or (2) custom:
- RANDOM coupon codes will give you a list of unique codes that you will be able to mail or give out to a group of people. Each code is different from the other. These are great for including inside the DVD and Blu-ray cases of your movie for digital access.
- CUSTOM coupon codes are fixed and set by you and can be used as many times as you specify. These custom codes are really nice for public giveaways or promos, with a set limit. Example: "The first 100 people to use the code 'spacenerds' will get the movie for $4!"
- NOTE: Coupon codes must be alphanumeric and cannot contain special characters.
- Click Save to create your coupon.
Editing a coupon
- Go to the main Coupons page.
- Click the dropdown arrow on the far right side of the Coupon you wish to edit, and click Edit.
- On this edit page, you can:
- Change the name of the Coupon.
- Increase the quantity of the Coupon.
- Disable the coupon. This will make all of the unredeemed codes no longer redeemable.
Disabling a coupon
- Go to the main Coupons page.
- Click the dropdown arrow on the far right side of the Coupon you wish to edit, and click Disable.
- When disabled, all of the unredeemed codes are no longer redeemable, yet all those who have already redeemed the code, still have access to your content.
Downloading (random) coupon codes
- Click on the Coupon you wish to download.
- If the Coupon is random, you will see a Download Codes button, which will email you a CSV file of all the randomly generated codes to disperse.
Because random codes are sent to you in a CSV file, you cannot change the amount of codes sent after the fact. If you need more codes, click "Download codes" again to have another CSV of codes sent to you.
Redeeming a coupon code
- Head to the movie's buy page.
- Enter your email address.
- Click the Use code button.
- Enter the coupon code and click the APPLY arrow button to apply it.
- If the code was for a free copy, the customer will be able to click Redeem and watch immediately. If the code was for a discount, customers will need to enter their payment info to complete the payment.