IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What are rentals?
- How do I enable rentals on my current Products?
- How do I create a new rental Product?
WHAT ARE RENTALS?
Think about the classic video store experience: rent videos for a limited amount of time, at a lower price point. Now you can offer your own digital rentals as another option for customers to watch your videos. All rented videos are streaming-only, meaning a customer cannot download the video file.
How long do rentals last for a customer?
After a customer starts watching a rental, they must finish it within their rental period. You can choose a rental period of 3, 7, 14, or 30 days. During their rental period, customers have total access to stream the content as many times as they like.
How much should I charge for rentals?
That's ultimately up to you. Since rentals don't include a download version of the video, try cutting your full purchase price in half for rentals. So, if you're charging $7.99 for your movie with downloads, try $3.99.
HOW DO I ENABLE RENTALS ON MY CURRENT Products?
You can enable rentals on any Product that is NOT in pre-order mode.
- In the Products section, use the drop-down arrow to select Edit for the Product you want to update.
- Click on the Pricing section of the edited Product.
- Under the Rental Price field, click the checkbox button to activate rentals, enter your rental price and choose a rental period.
- Click Save to enable rentals on the Product.
HOW DO I CREATE A NEW RENTAL PRODUCT?
For instructions on how to create a new rental product, please see our Guide to Creating a Purchase or Rental Product.